Crowdfunding Film Ace : Dear Luke, Love, Me

Comment le monde nous voit-il, comment nous voyons le monde : apparitions dans la presse, interviews, événements, etc.
Lau
Associé(e)
A aimé : 342 fois
A été aimé : 285 fois

Crowdfunding Film Ace : Dear Luke, Love, Me

Message par Lau »

Sur Kickstarter ce mois-ci, le financement participatif d'un film américain qui aura pour sujet l'asexualité et les relations queer-platoniques.

Le synopsis :
Dear Luke, Love, Me, is the first narrative feature of its kind to tell an asexual love story, as it explores the nuance of asexuality and the importance of queer-platonic bonds. The story follows Penny and Luke, two best friends who make choices to adhere to societal expectations rather than their own best interests. The two meet, they bond, they date. But, when Penny and Luke’s romantic relationship proves unsustainable, as Luke slowly comes to terms with his asexuality, we witness the two settle into the unconventional roles of non-romantic significant others, which lasts lover a decade. But when Luke, intimidated by external societal pressures, wants to find something “normal,” he tries to build a serious relationship with a new girlfriend. Because of the lack of understanding the new love interest has for queer-platonic bonds, Penny and Luke’s tether begins to fray, eventually leading to a single decision that will extinguish their twin flames for good. Dear Luke, Love, Me shares an important non-heteronormative narrative of how pressures from the current culture can affect unconventional connections, while offering an underrepresented perspective of asexuality. Themes include the self- identification, the fear of growing up, the need to conform, and learning how to move on without closure.
"C'est une folie de remédier à l'arbitraire d'un dégoût par l'arbitraire d'une contrainte."
Lau
Associé(e)
A aimé : 342 fois
A été aimé : 285 fois

Re: Crowdfunding Film Ace : Dear Luke, Love, Me

Message par Lau »

Petite update : La campagne n'est pas encore terminée mais le projet est financé. Le tournage devrait se faire l'année prochaine. :)
"C'est une folie de remédier à l'arbitraire d'un dégoût par l'arbitraire d'une contrainte."
Répondre